Do’s and Don’ts of moving to a new office space
Moving to a new office space is as difficult as moving to a new house if not more. It includes the moving of heavy furniture, electronic appliances, documents, etc. The most challenging thing about it is the time available in which to complete the entire moving process. You cannot shut down operations for a week in order to move to a new place. Though we have posted blogs about how to plan office relocation before, going through this one will give you a clear idea about the dos and don’ts of moving an office. These tips when applied can turn out to be immensely helpful in making the entire transition smooth and hassle-free.
- Do not procrastinate – You cannot leave the tasks that need to be performed during moving for the final hours. This can also lead to last-minute inconveniences. Planning the move has to be done well before the actual date of moving. Otherwise, you might find yourself in dire straits. It is advisable to write down a list of the tasks related to relocation and then start performing them in order one by one.
- Hire professionals – In this era of tight schedules, investing time to plan the move can take your focus off your actual area of interest. In that case, appointing move managers or hiring professional packers and movers is the most viable option. These experts are experienced with commercial moving and can easily accomplish tasks of any difficulty level on your behalf.
- Do not rush while hiring the moving company – Due to increase in demand, the number of companies offering moving services has increased as well. Most of them do not deliver according to the promises made, though. To avoid being conned, you are advised to not hurry in choosing a company to entrust with the work of your office relocation. You should first go through the work portfolio and customer testimonials of these companies, compare the rates and then decide. Budget can be a major constraint. Therefore, cut the cloth according to the width. Compare the top companies and select the best one adept at fulfilling all your moving needs at a price you can afford.
- Defragment the work – Always remember that the burden of work is inversely proportional to the number of people involved in it. Therefore, it is advisable to defragment the work of relocation. Give your office staff a heads up when it comes to packing their own desk. This will not just reduce the work but also speed up the process of moving by a number of notches.
- Don’t forget the electronic appliances – The most challenging thing about moving to a new office is disconnecting and reconnecting all the tech. Once the date of moving is decided, ask your IT department (if any) to sketch a plan about how to transfer all the technical equipment. These include servers, computers, phones, etc.
- Do label the boxes – Labeling the boxes is a must when it comes to moving and office relocation is no exception. In order to keep things running smoothly after the move, label all the moves carefully so that you don’t have to inconveniently waste time searching or guessing in which box you packed certain item(s) you might immediately need upon reaching your new address.
Now, executing all such steps/tasks might still feel like a tough endeavor, in which case you should definitely rely on premium moving services. Remain focused and shed all tension related to this particular matter by leaving everything in the experienced professional hands of Aussie Moving in Santa Barbara, CA.